Monday, June 10, 2002

Why can nothing go right for me as of late?

I took my paycheck into be deposited on Friday. Normally they are very good about putting the money right into my account but here it is Monday and it's still not there. I hope they didn't read that "S" in my account as a "5." I'm trying to find that blasted receipt so I can have proof. Otherwise it will be MUCH harder for them to find my money.

News Story of the Day

Woman Loses 'Bin Laden' Hairstyle Case

HONG KONG (June 6) - A Hong Kong woman lost her case for compensation against a hair salon which she claimed made her look like Osama bin Laden when she wanted a hairstyle like Hollywood actress Julia Roberts. After the judgment was handed down, she refused to leave the Small Claims Tribunal and had to be taken away by ambulance following a standoff of more than an hour with court staff, the South China Morning Post reported on Thursday. Chu Ieu complained her hair was seriously damaged by two perms she had done at the New Idol Hair Salon last July and August.

''Do you mean you did not get the Julia Roberts look after the perm?'' adjudicator Yuen Chun-kau asked her during the Wednesday hearing.

''Not just that. It was like a broom. Every hair struck out and it looked like an open umbrella which could not be shut. It was horrible. I looked like Osama bin Laden,'' Chu replied.

Yuen dismissed her claim for HK$50,000 (US$6,410) in compensation as she had offered no evidence to prove her hair had been damaged. ''You've only shown the court that the hairstyle did not look good,'' he said.

But Chu said that Yuen was not sympathetic to her claim.

''He's bald. Of course he would not know the pain of having damaged hair,'' Chu fretted, sitting on the floor of the courtroom in protest against the judgement.

Question of the day

Almost everyone has something that he/she considers a sure thing. What is your "ace in the hole"?


My me it's my sharp wit and sarcasm. I have been known to toss back a nice verbal sting to those who think they have gotten the upper hand on me once again. It's all about the quick comeback to put some people back in their place.

No comments: