Tuesday, June 18, 2002

bad news first....my laptop died and thankfully i have my old PC but I don't have my old monitor since it was a piece of crap. So I have to buy a new monitor tonight because early estimates on fixing my laptop put it at the price of a small third world country. Ugh...

Anyway...first news....Beverly Brewer-Irons has been found due to my own sneaky sluething. She and I had a great talk last night. I miss that woman.

Second news, I think I am going to have to change my name to "646 Guy" or at least adopt it as my new moniker as I have been referred to as the "646 Guy" in two members blogs since Blogapalooza...I think I can handle this duty.

News Story of the Day

Players Combine Golf with Sex

Mon Jun 17,11:54 AM ET

NORCO, Calif. (Reuters) - A private golf tournament in Norco, California, added a new hazard to the game -- getting arrested for prostitution.


Police said they arrested six people at the Hidden Valley Golf Club on Friday after receiving a tip-off.

"As part of the golf tournament, sex acts were offered to participants for a fee," said Lisa McConnell at the Sheriff's Department in Riverside County, east of Los Angeles.

"There were tents set up around the course, where people could pay for sex."

Police detained 100 people at questioning and arrested three for pimping and pandering, two for prostitution and one for possession of a controlled substance.

The name of the group sponsoring the tournament was not disclosed and McConnell said it was not clear if the owners of the golf club knew of the paid sex.

A man who answered the phone at the club Saturday said the club had no immediate comment.

Now more of me ranting on the Diane Whipple thing...I was watching the Today show this morning (Matt Lauer grow that hair back this instant!) and I learned that even with his four year conviction, Robert Noel will serve about six months in jail for his crime. I think that is pretty sad. Six months for the death of a woman that he could have prevented had he followed the directives of the dog's breeder and vet. Nedra Ruiz probably still thinks that it's all of the dog's past victims that are responsible for Whipple's death as they did nothing to report it.

Nedra Ruiz, you know what I think of you and I hope you get the karmic backlash of your life.

No comments: