Friday, June 14, 2002

Oy vey....I am so far behind today....I have so much to do....I have to get to my bank early so I can deposit my check and have it appear in my account tomorrow, I have to drop my timesheet off at my agency (although I am tempted to mail it but it might not make it to them in time), I have to run to the UWS to attend a little bar gathering for Bloggapalooza and then I have to run over to the NYCGMC rehearsal at City Center then I have to come home and clean my apartment...can i cram anymore into one day? Okay, let's get the morning ritual going..

News Story of the Day

This from News of the Weird...

H. Beatty Chadwick, 65, has served more than 6 1/2 years in jail in suburban Philadelphia for contempt of court for not being able to produce $2.5 million that he was supposed to split with his divorced wife. He was scheduled to be released in February, but a federal appeals court blocked that order. (The U.S. record for contempt is believed to be held by a Chicago man who was released in 1997 after staying in jail for 10 years in order not to reveal the whereabouts of his daughter.) Chadwick said he lost the money in a bad investment, but his ex-wife believes that the money was not lost and that Chadwick is willingly sitting in jail in order to protect its now-multiplied value. [Philadelphia Inquirer, 1-8-02]

Question of the Day

What annually televised sporting event is an absolute must see for you?


I know some of you are just dying to have me say the World Figure Skating Championships but I'm not. I love Wimbledon. There's something so cool about the traditional playing of tennis on grass in all white (or mostly white) outfits. After that, I would have to say the World Series....

Picture of the Day

You know how I loves me rugby players...



No comments: