Sunday, June 30, 2002

I just got back from the pride march. The chorus did a fabulous job of entertaining people along the way. I got to carry the US flag in front of the chorus as they sang and dance behind us. I did see the chorus cutie and got a hug and kiss from him. I had to wonder if he suspected anything due to someone's actions of ALMOST letting things slip but it was fine. I am, however, in a shitload of pain. My feet hurt, my back hurts, and I am STARVING because I have not eaten anything all day long. I don't know why I didn't think the march would be as long as it was but it was painfully long. Most of the time was spent just waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting just so you move up five feet and wait some more. We were supposed to be there between 10:30 and 11:00 but we didn't start moving down 5th Avenue until after 1pm.

On a positive note, it's fun when small, cute Asian men jump into the air, straddle your body, and then have them lock their legs around you...

No comments: