Saturday, June 15, 2002

No question/news/picture of the day...I have way too much to do!

There are some works of literature that are so great that they shouldn't be changed when they are made into a movie. I'm sitting here watching Psycho Beach Party (one of my favorite Charles Busch plays) and I am not impressed with how they changed the story. I mean I know there are certain esthetics that would not translate well onto the screen, but there is something to be said for keeping true to the source. No one died in the original play version -- they just had shaved body parts. They added extra characters that really don't add to the story or plotline. They played DOWN the YoYo/Provoloney relationship and gave it a different spin -- I mean they are still ultimately going to become gay lovers but the build up to it and the inside jokes regarding it are totally lost...

Sigh....you just can't have it all...

No comments: