Friday, June 28, 2002

My roommate is gone for about nine days while she visits her family in Kentucky. When she gets back I leave two or three days later to go to Florida for my play's world premiere. I think I am going to take this time to do a little relaxing, a little contemplating, a little introspection...This has been a weird year and perhaps the most stressful since I moved to NYC if not the most stressful in memory.

I need to focus more time on my playwriting. I haven't written a play in almost three years and I think that I have been resting on my laurels and telling myself it's because I don't have the creative inspiration to write them. I think I have it, I just think I have gotten a little lazy about it. I have ideas for so many stories buzzing in my head I just need to put pen to paper and write. I think that's what I am going to try to accomplish while roomie is gone -- some real writing....

No comments: