Sunday, June 30, 2002

Today is the day of the pride parade. I was questioning whether or not I wanted to march this year for multiple reasons. First there is the fact that chorus cutie I have (can't say had even though I now know that he is not available for the taking) a crush on will (most likely) be there and at times I don't feel that prideful. It's hard to be prideful of your community which has so much internal strife between genders, races, body type, fetishes, economic position etc. It's as Walt talked about in his blog about being "The Invisible Man" because he didn't fit the mold of the gym bunny gay male. It's sad to realize that we may never achieve a communal goal of equal rights because we as a community can't seem to unite to work together because everyone is concerned that they won't be represented to their specifications/need/want/desire.

No comments: