Monday, June 03, 2002

Here's a quote from Elaine Stritch after her Tony Awards debacle when she talked for over 2 minutes and was cut off to go to commercial....

"I didn't want to perform in the Tonys," she said. "The Tonys have never even asked me to be a presenter. I don't know what they had against me: Catholic, pain in the ass, alcoholic. They don't seem to like me very much. This is one night I could sit in the audience and win or be nominated. I didn't have to sing for my supper tonight."

This is not true. She was a presenter back in 1999 when the show was at the Gershwin Theatre. She was supposed to present with Rosie O'Donnell who backed out and presented with Kevin Kline. I understand it's your first award Elaine but this is a timed show. If you take up time, then someone else loses it...remember what happened when AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT THE BLUES didn't get on the show because people talked too long...well...that's the case...you have a time limit...stick to it...

No comments: