Thursday, May 16, 2002

Oy vey....for the record....I just got home.

Yes, Brian actually had a wild night on the town and with the coolest of company -- Kevin and Brennan from the first edition of The Amazing Race. I was invited to a party to celebrate the end of the second edition of The Amazing Race which was held at the Manhattan Chili Company. During the show, Danny and Oswald arrived with Brennan. They were instantly mobbed and I felt kinda bad for them because I don't think they were ready for the rabid fans. MOBBED. It took Danny over an hour to make his way towards where myself and my friends were sitting and when he did I got a wonderful hug and a big kiss on the cheek. I did get to present Oswald with the hat that I had made -- part of the gift bag was a paper hat that you got to decorate in honor of Wil's hat. I made mine in honor of Cha Cha Cha and decorated it with pictures of the two (Oswald and Danny) that we had in our gift bags. Oswald loved it and put it in his pocket. I hope he doesn't destroy it.

Anyway, after the official party ended a little before two in the morning, I got invited to come with Kevin, Brennan, Nancy and Emily (from AR1), and Mitchell Olson from Survivor 2 to do a little bar hopping in the theatre district/Hell's Kitchen. Rachel actually swung the invite using her feminine wiles and I was there for the ride. I had a fabulous talk with Nancy about how the strategy and philosophy of the second edition's players varied. Nancy is just a doll. I love her to death. She was an absolute delight to talk to tonight. She and I were both kinda fading out because we were so tired and we had to speak really loud because the piano player was singing something that made him have to scream...it wasn't pretty. After that, Rachel, Rob, Kristen and myself joined Kevin and Brennan as we went to another bar on Eighth Avenue and Kevin gave me this big huge bear hug. He was truly a nice guy....he did do a bit of lip smacking with Kristen which I thought was kinda cool...they do look good together. Brennan was in leather pants and a blue shirt and Kevin kept telling him how "gay" he looked in them. Actually, I thought he looked pretty damn good in them but that's just me....

So now I am home at almost 6 in the morning and I am really pooped....I have slept a few extra hours knowing that I would up a little late to watch the episode and hopefully meet Danny and Oswald and so forth...but now I am going to head to bed because I am so pooped....

No comments: