Wednesday, May 15, 2002

As some of you know, I have been out of work since March of this year. I am doing some freelance work which doesn't pay unless one of these lawyers get hired and most of them want to be paid an astronomical amount of money which would be nice if we could actually find them a job. I have more than a few agencies working for me and I finally got one to admit that they have had jobs but they didn't think they were up to my level of work (which is a nice thing I guess but it's not getting me any money). I was offered a job doing third shift work creating Word, Excel and Powerpoint presentations but I would have to make a commitment to work there for six months -- six months at third shift would really screw up my sleep patterns and, to be honest, I really don't want to do presentation work. Granted I could make some nice money and everyone would be happy because the agency would get their money and I would get a nice chunk of money as well but is it really worth it? Sadly, that is something that it appears I may have to do if I want to remain in NYC.

I also heard today that one of the teachers at my former high school just got arrested for having sex with one of his students. He was in his late 40s/early 50s when I was there as a student which means he is now in his late 50s to early 60s. Is it just me or is that a little gross. All I could think about was how his body had to be covered in liver spots. To top it off the student was 17 years old and told her friend who told a counselor at school who told the police. I don't know if they arrested him at school during school hours or at his home or what have you. I mean I hope they did it rather discrete (or is it spelled discreet?) and called him to the principal's office and arrested him there and then took him to the police car or even better if they did it after school was over and there were no kids around. Nothing fuels speculation more than taking a teacher out in handcuffs in front of students. Ewwww.....liver spots.

No comments: