Tuesday, May 21, 2002

Okay, I need to go to bed right now because it's almost 1 in the morning and I need to get to bed because I have to go to work (yes, that's right, WORK) tomorrow morning.

My friend Maev read my play, Strange Poison (which is being done in the playwright's festival at the Limelight Theatre in Florida this summer. I am incredibly excited because this is the first time that anything that I have really written will be getting an actual audience. Yeah, they play itself is a little mean and it is a dark comedy about people killing their supposed friends off with household appliances and cleaning supplies, but she really liked the dialogue and the patter I had going which means I am on a nice start for right now. On the subway home I was coming up with some nice play titles and ideas and I really need to work on doing some more of that kind of writing because I do think it's my niche. I trust Maev's opinions because she's very theatre and art literate. I might disagree with what she has to say sometimes about the play, but the important thing is that I had someone with a critical eye taking a hard look at it.

In other news, I got to see half-naked men dance tonight....that's always fun....no they weren't strippers, but they were part of the upcoming show of the New York City Gay Men's Chorus. It's a somewhat musicalized version of Armisted Maupin's Tales of the City called The Music of Michael Mouse. I love the Tales of the City series and pull them out about once a year as if I was bringing back old friends for another visit.

No comments: