Tuesday, August 27, 2002

US Airways is so on crack.

I'm sitting here watching the 10:00 news on Channel 5 and I start hearing about the new rules that US Airways is instituting since they have declared bankruptcy. Get a load of this --

Miss your flight? Too bad for you, you aren't flying standby anymore or being put on the next flight. You now have to buy a whole new ticket. This begs the question, what if you miss a connecting flight because your plane gets re-routed due to bad weather conditions and it takes a bit longer to get there. That's US Airways fault...not yours....What are they going to do then?

No more standby flights for restricted airfares. Your ticket is only good for the flight it is printed on.

Want a paper ticket? You had better be prepared to pay an extra $25 for that privilege.

Okay, I can understand the last two but that first one...it's not going to fly with some people. Just imagine being told that you have to pay for a new ticket even though the cause of it the matter was US Airways' fault? What if you get held up in line to go through the baggage check? That's not your fault...are you going to make them pay for another ticket? There had better be a few exceptiosn to that rule because if something happened to me beyond my control and I had to pay for a whole new ticket, you had better damn well believe they would be hearing from my lawyer over it...I can be a bitch and trust me that's something you don't want to see!

No comments: