Tuesday, August 13, 2002

It's time for a visit from everyone's favorite Irish friend...Waste O'Time....

I went to my interview. I sat down. I filled out the application. They called to say that I was there and filling out the application. A few minutes went by and I was busily telling my life story to the piece of paper and hopeing it would be enough to impress these people.

Well apparently I impressed them in the wrong way with my resume. No, it wasn't that I was a bad candidate...I was too good of a candidate. I was more "senior" of a candidate than they expected and of course my headhunter and his people were trying as hard as they could to get a hold of me to tell me NOT to go to the interview but too late because I was already there. Mind you there were no calls on my cell phone prior to leaving for the appointment and there were no messages on my voicemail at home. Therefore, I made an ass of myself heading down to this interview. Am I happy about this? Absolutely not. It's embarassing to me and to my headhunter.

Anyway, just as I was finishing up the application, the receptionist looks up and asks me to follow her. She takes me to a conference room where I am told to contact my headhunter. No explanation as to why, just to contact him. This is now when I hear the story of me being too good of a candidate for these people. Anyway, I expressed a definite interest in the position and that I did not think that the job description contained anything that was below my skill level and my man is going to "fight" for an interview for me.

Personally, I think one of three things (out of the possible number of things that I have thought of) has happened -- 1) I really am just too damn good for them. 2) They have already filled the position and this was their way of giving me a brush off. 3) They haven't filled their position but they have changed their mind about hiring me and not beacuse I am that damn good.

Anyway....I am pissed. And rightfully so....

But here's the odd part...I had a premonition that something like this was going to happen. It wasn't a vision but more or less a very strong feeling. Odd.

No comments: