Friday, August 16, 2002

It's Friday which means the weekend has already started. I made an appointment last night to get an AIDS test done. It's been a while since I have had one so I figure I need to be the responsible gay man that I am and make sure that everything is okay. I am really surprised that more people don't get tested more often.

Let's think about this for a second. AIDS has been considering for quite some time to be the gay man's disease when in actuality the person they first believe contracted the disease was a woman and a lesbian at that. Yes, they were able to track down a large majority of the infections in the early 80s back to one Canadian man who was having wild rampant sex with lots of men. But, by and large, the majority of the people in the world who have this disease are heterosexuals. Additionally, I am forced to wonder why heterosexuals dont' get tested more often. I mean, really. They are just as susceptible to it as anyone else is.

If you don't know, you should know. Get tested. Even if it's for your own piece of mind. I'm doing it and I feel rather safe but you never know and that's what scares the crap out of me.

Oh...and there's a new (646) Guy episode up as well...

No comments: