Wednesday, August 07, 2002

Sorry for not putting thing up here today. I had an interview with a headhunter today who didnt' seem to keen on representing me or doing much of anything to help me. Of course she kept me waiting there forever just to see her. I was there for over two hours and when I left I had to call it a day and call out of the office because there was NO WAY IN HELL that I was going to be able to get back to the office in a decent amount of time so I could have a good work day and salvage something out it.

What really pissed me off was not how I sat there waiting to go into her office to talk to her and then, at her instruction, sat in the waiting room for another hour as she said she would hear back rather quickly from the person that she was sending my resume to for a defined contributions position (that;s 401(k) administration for the lay people). What pissed me off was how she explained to me as if I was a small child as to how the only two fields in Human Resources that was getting ANY action was benefits administration and compensation and that human resources really isn't a production center but a cost center as they make no money for the company. Now, please! I have been doing human resources for years and I knew that far too well. I wanted to call her a stupid bitch but I didn't because, hell, I need her for the chance at getting a real job.

So here I am sitting at home in my boxers wondering what life has in store for me. I'm hoping to hear from one of the other two agencies that were going to send my resume out for two HR jobs in different fields -- one for a Human Resources Coordinator and one to do benefits administration. So, yes, there are other jobs out there. I just hope I land one and soon....

No comments: