Saturday, August 31, 2002

I went to the movies tonight. Normally I am not a movie person but I really wanted to see The Good Girl with Jennifer Aniston. The movie itself is just amazing (even if I did catch one entire scene where the bottom of the boom mike was visible). Jennifer Aniston was amazing in this film and she totally shed her Rachel Green image from Friends. It was truly an incredible role. John C. Reilly (who I am not a real big fan of) did an outstanding job in performing in this film. His emotional scenes were just phenomenal and I had a totally different opinion of him.

However, there was something about the entire experience of going to this film that left me somewhat empty. Granted I was with one of my very good friends who I love hanging out with because we make each other laugh so much and we talk about so many wonderful things. Nothing against her at all, but just sitting in the theatre, I wanted to be with a date. I wanted to have a man snuggling into me or vice versa or holding his hand or something. It made me realize that if I am going to get out there and do something in regards to my love life it's going to be on my terms and through my own actions. I have spent so much time telling myself and others that I wasn't looking for a relationship, that I didn't want one, that I had so much in my life that I wanted to do BEFORE I settled down with someone. In all honesty, I was lying to myself and to everyone. What good is an accomplishment in life if you can't share it with the one you want to spend the rest of your life with? Yes, I am my own person with my own neuroses and my own crap that I deal with on a daily basis and I do believe that I am a person who stands on his own two feet and that I do not need a man by my side in order to make me feel complete as a person. However, there are times when I want to go to bed and have someone's arms to fall into.

Yes, tonight was a major turning point for me. And it's going to sound odd to say this....but I thank Jennifer Aniston for this....

No comments: