Monday, August 19, 2002

There are some times when I swear I am Michael Mouse Tolliver from Tales of the City (the namesake upon which I have based my blog). I remember him telling Mary Ann about wanting to find a guy to buy a Christmas tree with blah blah blah. But what made me think of this today was when I was sitting on the subway and there was this absolutely gorgeous man sitting across from me. Okay, for me at least he was gorgeous, he might not have been other people's cup of tea.

I spent the entire subway ride into the office imagining me and this guy in domesticated bliss from picking out the china pattern to our nice commitment ceremony (complete with someone singing "It Had to Be You" in a nice throaty jazz style) to curling up under a blanket watching an old black and white movie on the TV to possibly even adopting (if not convincing a female friend to have) a child, to our first fight to vacationing in Switzerland, hiking along a nice mountain stream, getting a little frisky and taking a little rough and tumble in the wild European outdoors, him holding back tears in the audience when I go up to accept my Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series...

Then it was time for my stop and I got off of the train so it was time for the divorce which was a messy affair all on its own...

Oh well...that's just me I guess...

No comments: