Wednesday, August 14, 2002

It is so hot in this damn city. I am schvitzing like I have never schvitzed before. Of course today was different in the fact that I had to head down to 42nd and Park to pick up my paycheck before making my way back up to 52nd and 6th. Next time I am taking a cab. I feel nasty and sticky all over. You would think I just had good sex when I was only walking (and for those that know me, they can attest to the fact that I walk pretty damn fast).

Anyway, I passed the Today Show on my over to work. They were doing their summer "let's host a wedding" thing and I have to take back everything bad that I have ever thought about the couple that won. She is absolutely GORGEOUS and he ain't so bad looking himself.

But back to my Bush/O'Neill bashing...

I enjoyed this article on MSNBC that pretty much summed up what I thought about the entire Presidential Economic Summit/Love-In -- it's on big PR thing to make it seem that the president and his entourage know what they are doing when in fact stocks are still slipping, the jobless rate isn't receding, and people like my friend Graham went from making over $50K a year to delivering groceries because that is the only job that he could find (and oddly enough he likes it) and he can't cash out his stock portfolio because they have all taken a nosedive thanks to Enron, WorldCom, Global Crossing, and the declining leading economic indicators.

Wake up and smell the Starbucks. You really want to know what the American public is thinking and what we want done. Pick 250 people that you don't know -- people whose political affliation is unknown to you and let us have at the president and Mr. O'Neill. I am sure they will hear things that they don't want to hear...

No comments: