Friday, August 30, 2002

Okay I crawled into bed at around two this morning. My entire body is still sore from last night. My feet and legs are throbbing and I just want to curl up in a ball and die. But hey, that's what working at the MTV Video Music Awards is all about...

Paula Abdul is without a doubt one of the nicest and sweetest people on the face of the planet. She graciously paused for pictures and signed autographs with fans and was just all around one of the nicest and most gracious people you could ever meet. I could devote volumes to my evening with her and say that she was perhaps the easiest person I have ever gotten to work with at any awards show, but I will just sum it all up with the following statement:

Paula Adbul, you are MY American Idol...

Other highlights of the evening:

Helping Gwen Stefani down the stairs (yes, that means she touched me...)

Holding Paula Abdul's hand when I was threading her through the crowd and getting stopped dead in my tracks by P. Diddy/Puffy/Sean John/whatever his name is now because they would not move at all despite hearing my very patient requests for them to give us some space to move through the crowd.

Justin and Kelly were precious. That is the only word for them...precious. They were so tired because they had taken a red-eye in from California the night before, gotten almost no sleep, were starving, and were still on top of their game on stage and the red carpet. Simon and Randy were cool. I really didn't get to spend much time with them (or any in fact). I do recall as Simon was trying to scooch in to his seat, Paula, who had the aisle seat, pulled him down to where he was sitting on top of her. Paula has a wicked sense of humor too....I would go into more detail but that's a private joke between the two of us...

David Lee Roth looked plastic. If he's had a facelift he should get his money back because his skin looked so stretched.

Axl Rose was outside the press booth when I was trying to get Paula and Co. to their cars and so forth. He didn't look that bad. I guess drugs and alcohol can make a great diet after all...

Pink got a piggy back ride from her bodyguard when they were coming back from press. She looked like she was having so much fun. Oh and for the record, the current stereotype for a bodyguard (as this fit, I would guesstimate about 90% of them there last night) is tall, black, 300 - 400 pounds, and the willingness to beat the crap out of anyone who gets in their way.

Shakira -- tiny, tiny, tiny.

Britney Spears -- looked like a dominatrix in her leather attire. For someone who claims to be a virgin (note I said "claims") she sure dresses like a slut!

That's all for now....just go over to the (646) Guy blog and read today's adventure when it gets up and to go to the Post a Comment