Wednesday, August 28, 2002

Tonight is the night of sheer campy excitement....it's another edition of Big Brother 3 and we get the Miss Teen USA Pageant wrapped up in there as well. I'm telling ya...how much gayer could tonight get? Well, maybe if the Academy Awards were on (the gay Super Bowl) as well....but I can settle for a pageant just fine.

I remember back to pageants past when I my sister and I wanted Miss Guam to win over Miss Canada who ultimately became Miss Universe back in, I think, 1982 or 1983. I remember when Miss California won Miss America using the Wonderbra/suit/thing. I remember screaming in agony when Gretchen Carlson won Miss America because I just didn't like her and then I saw her on the CBS Saturday Early Show and she's adorable. Of course I have missed each year that a Miss USA has won Miss Universe so I think I should stop watching Miss Universe if any of our women are to get the crown.

Anyway, I also just realized that Labor Day weekend is THIS weekend and I have no plans. Maybe I'll just start packing up my room or something. I need too look into that book donation thing too...

No comments: