Monday, August 12, 2002

Okay, I am totally pissed. I am just may copy this blog entry to U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Paul O'Neill who I think is pretty much a useless individual who does not seem to care about the economy or those of us who are suffering through this incredible downturn in the economy -- it started well before September 11, 2001, so don't even try to blame it on that, Mr. O'Neill.

So here is what he said at GWB's recent "economic forum" he assembled during his vacation to Texas.....Mind you this forum was deemed by the economic advisor to GWB's father as something that was completely useless and he should have just taken a vacation rather than actually doing something like this....

``I see this as an opportunity to have a concentrated engagement with 200-250 people whose opinion I respect,'' Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill said in an interview with The Associated Press.

So my opinion doesn't count? Is that what I am hearing? MY opinion doesn't count in your mind, Mr. O'Neill? You are DAMN wrong. If it wasn't for a still controversial Supreme Court ruling (and Lord knows how many factors that we don't know about) you wouldn't have your job. Lest I remind you, you do not work for GWB...you work for me. You work for your secretary who sits outside your office. You work for the woman who sits beside me at the office. You work for every person who is sitting on the unemployment line. You for every person that has been laid off by a company that has been revealed to have unscrupulous banking and accounting practices. You work for every person that is about to be laid off from their job because this economy is in a shambles it is currently in. And let me remind you one more time, you work for me -- a guy who has been temping for about three years now because the economy has turned to pot and I can't get a real job because there are no more real jobs.

Wake up, Mr. O'Neill. Don't listen to your high priced, high falootin' economist, Republicans, and assorted other people whose opinion you seem to give a damn about...people who, despite the downturn in the economy and the stock market still have plenty of money to pay their bills and live in the lifestyle to which they have become accustomed (even if they ahve to get something other than the Beluga to serve at brunch next week). You need to look at me, at my neighbors, at my coworkers, at my friends, at my family -- all of whom are voters who have no problem voted out the man who put you in your position. When he goes, so will you....if you don't go sooner.

No comments: