Thursday, July 11, 2002

Okay I just got back from my play's dress rehearsal. There were other audience members there as well so it was great to see how an audience reacted to the show.

For the most part they loved it. For a good portion of Act 1 they really didn't seem to know what to expect so they were pretty much holding back on laughs until the final scene when they were getting some good responses from the audience. The second act looked FABULOUS and the audience was really into it and laughing because the story was taking so many twists that they didn't know what to expect from the story. Overall it was REALLY very well received and the audience had a great time with it.

BUT, the best part was the couple that left at intermission. That meant I had actually touched a member of the audience. They were listening and paying attention but not liking what they saw (and too bad for that). But that meant the most to me...people LEAVING my show because they didn't like the language and there was no redeemable quality in either of the leading characters...and for me THAT WAS PERFECT! There really are no redeemable qualities....

This is going to be so much fun....

No comments: