Sunday, July 28, 2002

I hate petty people (of course this means that I'm going to give you an example from what happened last night)....

Last night, Amy (aka Union Girl) and I went down to Hannah's Lava Lounge to support our friend Michael as he hosted The Gayest Link (a bar version of The Weakest Link). The rules had been changed to prevent alliances and to some extent ensure that everyone had a fair chance to play the game. And, in a normal world, this would work unless you have EVAN playing.

Evan is...how do I put this...a bitter queen of a man. Ever since I knocked him out in the second round of the game over three months ago, he has carried a grudge against me and has done everything in his power to ensure that I do not advance very far in the game. Since that initial game, if he is playing I have not made it past the third round because he will harrangue those around him to vote against me.

Anyway, so here we are last night and Michael is explaining the change in rules that allows only the strongest link to cast a vote and unilaterally decide who goes. The first round ended ina five way tie so the entire group had to vote in the first round and of course Evan voted for me (even though I didn't vote for him) so I knew immediately that the second he got the power that he was going to oust me. Sure enough, the next round he was named the strongest link and I was already getting out of my chair because I knew what was going to happen -- he voted me out.

But the best part of all was when Michael leaned into the microphone and boomed out, "It's not your fault that Evan hates you,. Brian." Sigh, I live it when people get their public karmic backlash. Anyway, Evan didn't win, he made it to the round of three and was ousted before the final round. And to prove that I am smart enough to have whipped all of their asses in the final round, I was able to rattle off the Supreme Court decision of Bowers v. Harwick (supported the outlawing of sodomy between consenting adults) and could name four of the six musicals Stephen Sondheim wrote between 1970 - 1981 (Company, A Little Night Music, Follies, Sweeney Todd, Pacific Overtures, and Merrily We Roll Along) and knew the year the Magna Carta was signed (1215).

Just have to say those moment really made me feel damn good.

No comments: