Monday, June 16, 2003

Well let's talk about this weekend shall we....

Friday night, I met up with my date from the bachelor auction. Since he may be reading this and I don't want to embarrass him, we'll call him Mr. Texas. Mr. Texas was staying at a nice hotel on the East Side. Now to go into a little bit of detail on Mr. Texas...last time I saw him was at the seder I went to earlier this year. It was the second time I had seen him and I have to admit, I thought he was pretty damn cute and little did I know, he kinda felt the same way. I was kicking myself after the seder beacuse I had done a few shots of tequila and was really tempted to plant a big kiss on him and see where it went but I chickened out at the last second. Either way, we wanted to spend some time getting to know each other better and well...he bought me at the auction. Well not really...he bought me off of the winning bidder from the auction. :) But that's another story.

Friday night was also the night of my rugby team's "end of season" party. As social chair for the team, I organized the event (although I had passed it off to someone else to do some legwork and he never did) at a restaurant where my friend held her wedding party. Good food, nice people, open bar of beer and wine. How can you go wrong? Thankfully Mr. Texas knew most of the people at the party (I did have to introduce him to a few people) and I kinda felt bad about having to leave his side a few times to take care of some small things, but I knew he could take care of himself.

At the awards portion of the evening, I took home two awards. The first was from the club president for my work as social chair and on our bachelor auction. I was kinda surprised to win because when he and I talked earlier that week, he had given me the list of people that he was going to give an award to and I wasn't on the list (which was fine with me since the people he mentioned were more than worthy to receive recognition). The second was a teamwork award for effort to recognize my work in getting in better shape and applying myself on the field to becoming a better player. Again, surprised (and very honored to win). I guess the surprise part of me winning these things comes from being nominated for awards in Drama Club in high school and always losing out on them so I go in with no preconceived notions or hopes about winning something.

The final award was the Order of the Blue Dragon, an award that is voted on by members of the team to recognize someone who has made an outstanding contribution both on and off the pitch. I was a nominee this year but I knew I wasn't going to win based upon the nomination voting earlier so I went in, again, with no preconceived ideas of winning the award so when I lost to the people I expected to win it was no great surprise. In fact, the two that won more than deserve it.

After the dinner, Mr. Texas and I went back to his hotel room. For the record, yes, I stayed in his hotel room that weekend. Infer what you want from that as I tell nothing. Actually, we told no one that I was staying there with him and we are sure that there are many rumors going around about the two of us. I dunno about you, Mr. Texas (should you read this), but I am more than willing to let the rumors fly. :)

Saturday, we were supposed to do this scavenger hunt thing in Central Park but we wound up sleeping way late into the day and opted, instead, to go for a little walk through the city where we got time to talk, get to know each other better, and pretty much just have some friend/fun time. It was so laid back and so nice that I think it really topped the scavenger hunt thing. Of course, had we done that he would have seen my vicious, competitive side come out which wouldn't have been good. It was blazing hot when we got outside and the sun was pretty damn bright which made me glad that I opted to wear shorts. We walked down Second Avenue through the street fair (which was pretty lame if you ask me for a street fair) and debated whether or not to get henna tattoos. We opted against it since it was so humid and probably wouldn't dry properly or well enough to really make a difference. Of course we lucked out that because...

The rain came. And came. And came. And came.

We had walked down Second Avenue and then crossed down 14th Street to Seventh Avenue and then down to Christopher Street. By the time we got to Christopher Street, the heavens had opened and it became monsoon season. In the middle of our walk down, we ran into The Wonder Twinks (remember them) with one of my other teammates (and I've secretly suspected for some time that there has been some menage action between them but I can't verify it). We huddled under an awning trying to stay dry (which didn't work) before we ventured back up Christopher Street.

Now, here'swhere it gets a little interesting. We let the trio of twinks go ahead of us and they crossed over and went into a chocolatier while we continued on. We knew they had to be watching us just a bit because they waved to us as we passed by. So we did what any self respecting "let's cause some rumor" guys would do. We went into The Leatherman, a store infamous for its stock of leather goods on the top floor and it's sex toys on the bottom floor (both of which Mr. Texas and I toured through). Can I just say that some of those dildos could be defined as weapons of mass destruction?

After The Leatherman, there was more rain and we ultimately took up refuge at Magnolia Bakery. Mr. Texas went for the cupcakes, I went for the cookies. We stayed inside the bakery at one of the two tables they had while we watched person after person go by. Of course, during this time, the rain had to stop and we thought it was safe to walk back to the hotel. It was a nice day, why not walk?

Well the rain returned again. By the time we got back to the hotel, I was drenched. I stank. I wanted to be out of my clothes. I pretty much stripped down to my boxers and took a short nap on the couch waking up in just enough time to take a shower. According to Mr. Texas I must have been having a sex dream since I was moaning, grunting, and moving my feet. I wish I knew that to be the case as I don't remember what I was dreaming about. We went to see I Am My Own Wife at Playwrights Horizons (excellent show, go see it) and then had a burger at McHale's because he had to be indoctrinated into the cult of the best burger in all of NYC. Finally, we headed back to the hotel running into another rugger and his date along the way. We had our picture taken in Times Square and I need to see if I can get a copy of that pic too.

When all was said and done, Mr. Texas headed to the airport about 1:30 on Sunday after a quick brunch. We caught up with each other later that night online and agreed that we had a lot of fun and the time spent was well worth it. And you know was.
Post a Comment