Monday, June 23, 2003

So I'm sitting here home sick from work today. I feel like my head is about to explode every time I cough. I had aches and chills all last night. I hate being sick. I hate how it makes me feel. I hate that icky, cranky, grumpy, nasty feeling that I get. I turn into this evil monster who really doesn't want to deal with anyone and takes out my frustration on other people which, of course, is wrong on multiple levels.

I guess I wouldn't be as upset if this was just something that recently started but this is something I've been dealing with since Friday. Nothing I seem to do or take or whatever is making me feel any better. I slept for almost 12 hours last night and it didn't help me one damn bit. I drank an entire carton of orange juice. Nothing. I've taken Advil Cold and Flu and I just have really colorful urine now.

I'm crawling back into bed once the Showcase Showdown is over. Can I say that the only good thing about being sick is revelling in those childhood moments where I would watch the entire CBS line up of game shows and then come to realize that there's only one daytime gameshow left -- The Price is Right. I swear one of my goals in life is to be on that show....I just need to come up with a good gimmick I guess....

No comments: