Monday, June 30, 2003

So....let's talk about yesterday's Gay Pride Parade/Day/Dance, etc...it's sure to be a long amusing post so please settle in...

First and foremost I got there later than I expected but actually it was pretty much well ahead of schedule as we got there at 11:30 but weren't really out of our post until around 1:00 or so. The rugby team led off the sports groups and we found it highly amusing that the groups in front of us were the Leather/Levi/Festish groups. We thought we were supposed to be behind a group called MAST and we had no idea what that meant until we learned that it was Masters and Slaves Together. Actually we ended up behind the Metrobears which wasn't bad at all since they are a pretty nice group of guys.

Oh...before I go any further let me lament once again the lack of female breasts flowing in the breeze. I only saw four pairs which is highly lacking. Of course this is an increase over last year when I only saw one lonely pair of female breasts strutting their stuff. Next year, dammit I want more tits!

But back to the parade...I marched with the rugby team and we were in our kits (rugby jerseys, shorts, etc)...well some of us were. Some people didn't come in the shorts but they did wear the jerseys which made a nice presence on the street. Quick Wrestler Guy note (since at least one of you has emailed in asking whatever happened to him): He did tweak my nipples at one point and it was pretty much just nothing and I stood there and said, "What? That's all you have? That's it? That's nothing!" to which he laughed and replied, "You would be like that." Then on the parade route, he and another player were in the back on the truck we were driving down the street and decided to "couple" on top of the truck several times. Of course this led to the roof being dented and the owner of the truck not being too happy about it.

Anyway...back to the parade route...so here we are marching along passing out condoms (we had condoms with the team logo, name, and website printed on the wrapper) to hand out along with postcards promoting the team. Now here's the point in the story where Brian could have been a total whore while on the streets of New York but decided (once again) to play it safe and pretty much do nothing. At one particular street, these group of men took a liking to me and were blowing me kisses. As I was handing out cards, my main focus really was on passing them out and not making out with the people on the street until one of my team members came up to me one block later and said, "So why didn't you do anything about it? They were so into you..." Ya know, he was right. Opportunity presented itself and I did pretty much nothing about it. Then again it would have just been a meaningless makeout session on the side of the street.

Then again I would have been making out.

So the rest of the trip through the wonderful world of gaydom was pretty much relaxed. One of my more favorite moments came during a water stop when we gave a "three cheers" for two lesbians kissing. Of course, I had to miss that moment so I had to have them kiss again which then further required me to show my disappointment that no tongue was involved with the kiss.

Towards the end of the march my legs and feet were screaming for me to stop and rest for a moment so I hopped into the truck and sat on the window (legs inside the cab, body through the window) but at that point I really wasn't in the mood to do really much of anything. I had been up rather late the night before and my body was like...okay, it's over just smile and be nice to the crowd. On a good note though, I didn't get burned which was my major concern and my freshly shaven head got some sun but no burning so I have no complaints there. Well maybe a few but they are just minor things anyway... :)

Let's see...I did see Mr. Faustus at the parade as well since he was in the same grouping I was. I have said it before and I will say it again...Faustus -- cute as a button. I didn't get to see much of their work but I think at one point the cheerleaders did a pyramid but I don't remember...

So the parade is over and people were warned to take stuff out of the back of the truck but they didn't so when the truck pulled off they were left high and dry wondering what to do and where to go...silly boys....

So from the parade I went to the pier dance because the team had agreed to work in the coat check area as a fundraiser for the team. I was in the volunteer check in area which was incredibly less busy although it was funny to note that all of the partygoers (or as I preferred to call them, cast members from the movie Dances with Drugs) got their items before the volunteer staff did.

Crash managed to score himself a date by the end of the night so we have to give him a nice hand. The fact that the kid is 22 (and I can call him a kid if I want so there) means absolutely nothing although it tends to go with the age range that Crash likes.

I, on the other hand, am nothing more than a big flirt. Okay, there's a guy that helps out with the team on occasion and is friends with one of the players and I have always thought he was cute as fuck (and seeing him topless last night pretty much goes to solidify that fact in my mind) but for some reason I get all demure and coy around him and can't bring myself to do much more than flirt. So that's all I did last night was flirt mainly because I get way too nervous to do much of anything else around him and well...nothing is probably going to happen there anyway.

But, here was my personal highlight from the day -- I did get to make out with someone. At the volunteer check-in for the pier dance, there was this very hot Latin guy who made a nice showing of his underwear and made some comment about how his foreskin tasted in someone's mouth. Of course my comment to that last line was, "Okay let's prove it...." So when he came back to get his belongings I made damn sure that I got his ticket so I could...um.....service(?) him properly. Now, next to us on the table was this huge box of fruit that we had left over and were just giving away. Latin Guy asked if the fruit was free and I said no. It would cost him a kiss. So we just started making out right there in front of everyone tongue and all. And damn it was such a nice kiss. We should be thankful that there was a table between us because who knows where it could have gone...

The bad part was one of the guys in his group was, I believe, his boyfriend. Now I have no proof that it was his boyfriend or that he even has a boyfriend but I could have done something but true to my form I didn't do anything (mainly because I really did think that was his boyfriend standing beside him). Anyway, I made sure he took home one of our team cards with our website on it and can hope that he comes out to a practice or something. It would be nice...

I got to bed around 1:30 this morning with my legs and feet STILL throbbing. This morning they are in a shitload of pain and I really wish I had someone here to massage them...sigh....big dreams I know....

No comments: