Tuesday, January 07, 2003

So that show on Fox started yesterday. You know the one I'm talking about. Joe Millionaire. Of course, being the reality TV whore that I am (and the fact that I’m covering the show for Reality News Online) meant that I had to watch it. The concept, if you’ve been living under a rock, is that twenty women have been brought to a chateau in France where they are told they are meeting a man who recently inherited $50 million. The truth is that Evan is really a construction worker (not to mention part time underwear model thanks to the pictures from The Smoking Gun) and he makes about $19,000 a year. That's a far cry from $50 million but if the show is a major then maybe he can have a nice modelling career and come close to $50 million in his lifetime.

Of all the women on the show, we know that Melissa M. goes pretty far in the process and perhaps Mandy as well (although I'm not so sure on that one). Now Heidi is the one that we all hope will make it to the end for the sole purpose of watching her golddigging heart get crushed and see her just burst into tears because she won't be living in the chateau with the butler and the maids and the fancy clothes. I mean reall, Heidi. I'm sure if I sat down with some of the ladies and had a nice lunch with them they would say that you weren't as bad as you were portrayed on TV and there were probably a few women who cold rival you, but you most assuredly would be the one to take the cake. I only want you to make it as far as possible just so I can see the look on your face when it crumbles around you.

Yes, that was mean, but it's true.

No comments: