Sunday, December 01, 2002

Why I love my gym

1) The big basket of fresh fruit always filled with oranges, apples, and bananas. I'm telling ya there's nothing like biting into a crisp Granny Smith apple at the end of a workout.

2) I get everything I want from weights to cardio and it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

3) They open early and close late.

4) The nice fluffy bath towels immediately available after you're done working out. And that don't bat and eye when you ask for a second one to take into the sauna with you.

5) The fact that on a Sunday afternoon, I was the only person working out in my gym for about two hours or so. Even better, there is practically no one there when I go to workout which means I can get in, get out, and get a good, effective workout without having to wait around for the machine of my desire.

Yep, I went to the gym this afternoon and did my hour on the runner. On the good side, I have met my first goal of doing 5.75 miles on the runner which means I have to do one of three things -- 1) Go up a level, 2) Change my workout program (the "Around the World" hill program sounds daunting enough), or 3) a combination of 1 and 2. I'm just pissed that the runner doesn't let me program 80 minutes into the machine since a full rugby match is 80 minutes. Doesn't matter if I can do the first 60 when it's the last 20 that really count. When all was said and done and the cool down complete...I did over six miles and burned over 1000 calories. Damn do I feel good...

No comments: