Tuesday, December 17, 2002

Argh...I hate Amazon.com, I do, I really really do.

I ordered a play tent for my nephew for Christmas from Amazon.com and made sure that it would be there in time for him to enjoy on Christmas Day. However, when I gave my mother the update on the packages to arrive from them, I noticed that the delivery date had change to where it was possible that it would not arrive until January 2003.

This is wrong. This is wrong on multiple levels. I shot off a pissed off (albeit professionally written) letter to Amazon.com and I doubt that anything will come out of it but it's just the principle of it all you know...thank God my nephew isn't old enough to go through the, "Uncle Brian doesn't love me" phase...

When I told my mother this, she said, "Yeah, but he has a star named after him (my Christmas present to him when he was first born)."

"Mom," I said, with my Southern accent slightly coming out, "he can't play with his star. He COULD have played in his tent."

Sigh...this holiday season really sucks...I still don't know what I am going to do on Christmas beyond watch football and maybe order in pizza.

No comments: