Sunday, December 01, 2002

Driving Miss Daisy was on this afternoon. After Thelma & Louise it is perhaps one of my favorite films. I'm into those relationship oriented films where you see the characters evolve around each other, the times, and situation. DMD is just one of those films that when I saw it I just sat there through the credits and as the cleaning crew came into the theatre because I was so in awe of what I had just seen. I dunno maybe it's just my Southern roots or something but it really hit me. I didn't cry at all during it but I was so moved by how these two people from such different backgrounds had come to not only like each other but, to a certain degree, love each other. In some sense, you could say they were an old married couple...some people say that the Oscar was wasted on this movie but I totally disagree. This movie is layer upon layer of history, sociology, and character analysis.

No comments: