Monday, December 30, 2002

It's odd that I've already started fulfilling some of my New Year's resolutions for 2003. My main resolution was to be more proactive about putting myself out there and dating more often. I've always put obstacles in my way of doing it so when people asked why I haven't dated or wasn't dating at the time I could point to this project, that project, and everywhere else but myself as the blame. But I've already started taking steps to meet that goal...

I asked out the Australian.

The rugby team is having a New Year's Eve party tomorrow and I invited Mr. Aussie to come with me as I didn't know how well connected he was in NYC or what he was doing for that evening and besides...a kiss from him to start off the new year would have been a glorious thing. Anyway...I tried calling him but there was no answer at home so I figured he must still be in California so I shot him off a quick email which he responded to today. Sadly he's still in San Francisco until next week and can't join me at the party. So I did the next best thing I could...sent back a reply and said that perhaps when he got back we could do coffee or a movie.

More news on this when it comes in...the scary part is I don't know if he's single...oy vey...I should really learn to find those things out before I ask someone out on a date. Now I know what you're thinking...it doesn't count because I didn't ask him in person. Well I say bugger off...

No comments: