Tuesday, February 04, 2003

So...I got some interesting news yesterday.

Old Crush (although I have been told he should be called the Dowager Crush since he's a crush but without the power that a crush would normally have) is moving to Florida with his new paramour. That's right...Old Crush is leaving NYC and moving to Florida. He'll be about two hours away from where my parents live so there is the possibility that I would get the chance to see him again when I visit my family.

Here's the funny thing though (and I credit my buddy Joni with this one). I'd rather have him as a friend than a lover now. I've really come to value the friendship I have with him and what it means to me. To not have him around or see him on a regular basis is going to be a little difficult because we've always had so much fun goofing around and cracking jokes with each other. His mother recently passed away and he's taking it as a sign that he needs to change things in his life or at least bring him some solace and peace. Part of me wonders if he's just running away from his problems but sadly it's not something that I feel I could broach with him -- no matter how good of a friend he is.

No comments: