Monday, February 10, 2003

The Best (or Worst) of Psychic Michael Jackson

(taken from Entertainment Weekly)

#5 -- ''Just think, nobody thought this would last!'' (After smooching then-wife Lisa Marie Presley at the 1994 MTV Video Music Awards. She filed for divorce 16 months later).

#4 -- ''When I was a little boy in Indiana, if someone had told me that one day I would be getting, as a musician, the Artist of the Millennium Award, I wouldn't have believed it. It's really amazing, I can't believe it.... David Blaine, your magic is real and I believe in you.'' (2002 VMA speech. What makes this especially wacky is that Jackson didn't receive an award that night.)

#3 -- ''It saddens me that many may actually believe the present flurry of false accusations... No, I've never taken hormones to maintain my high voice! No, I've never had my cheekbones altered in any way! No, I've never had cosmetic surgery on my eyes! As noted earlier, I love children. We all know that kids are very impressionable and therefore susceptible to such stories.'' (Statement released to the media, 1984)

#2 -- ''I've never had my cheekbones done, never had my eyes done, never had my lips done and all this stuff. [But] I'm never pleased with anything. I'm a perfectionist; it's part of who I am. I'm never pleased with myself. I try not to look in the mirror.'' (Oprah Winfrey interview, 1993)

#1 -- ''It's not just boys, and I've never invited just boys to come in my room. C'mon, that's just ridiculous.... I have never invited anyone into my bed, ever. Children love me. I love them. They follow me. They want to be with me. But anybody can come in my bed. A child can come in my bed if they want.'' (''Prime Time Live,'' 1996)

No comments: