Thursday, October 10, 2002

There are times when I am glad to be a gay man. Last night was one of those nights.

I was watching The Bachelor last night and this gal Christi went completely apeshit. Since I am in my British hip lit mode of reading right now, I could use the word "gobsmacked" as well. If anyone got any extra time with Aaron she was an emotional wreck. After spending one very long night where she had to share him with twenty four other women to a one-day group date where she had to share him with four other women. And now she says she loves him. Okay, I hope that when she taped that line it was quite some time after that date. If it wasn't, then I want to tattoo the words "needy emotional bitch" on her forehead.

Needy -- Did you see how she clinged to Aaron during their date? Christi, honey, you are 23. You have plenty of time to get out there and find a husband. My God...you are acting like this is your only chance in life to get a great guy. Move from Idaho if that's how you feel.

Emotional -- This woman cannot take constructive criticism (or any criticism for that matter). When Anindita rightly confronted her about rolling her eyes when Suzanne (who was such a hottie last night that I might have come close to doing her) entered or left the room. Christi was acting like a sorority girl treating her least favorite pledge with total contempt -- and publicly at that. Now, in the first episode, I adored her. But when she ran off to have a good cry because the comments were cutting a little too close to the truth, I wanted to yank her back by her blonde tresses and smack her silly. And don't even get me started on the puppy dog eyes at the rose ceremony. You should have gotten the shaft and Suzanne should stay.

But ya know...anything could happen and it could all turn around and I'll adore her by the end of the show.

But while I am at it..mega kudos to Anindita and Frances for just standing up and saying, "Hey this isn't my ball of wax and I don't want to be with you or og any farther." I mean that took guts. That took major courage. I mean Aaron made it clear that they were not getting a rose to begin with after they had left, but just the fact that they put themselves out there to say, "Yo, this whole thing is not for me so if you're even thinking about it, don't." You have to respect stuff like that and I think feminists around the WORLD should be taking another look at that and saying, "Wow."

No comments: