Thursday, October 31, 2002

I am debating what to do for Halloween tonight. Practice has been cancelled due to lack of participation. At practice on Tuesday there were only 10 - 12 of us and of that group only three of us said we were available to come to practice tonight. I was all set to pack up my bags and head to work this morning but I checked my email before leaving for work and there was word of the cancellation. I might try doing some drills of my own at home in order to get into the swing of things and keep my skills in shape. I need to work on passing and bending down low enough to pick up the ball in a proper manner. I wanted to see if I could take a ball home with me from practice on Tuesday but I forgot to ask before I left and I am SOL.

I'm also looking into gym memberships. I need to talk to the people at the Sheraton New York hotel just down the block from my office to see what they charge. I know they have a deal with the Sheraton Manhattan that involves using the SM's pool but I don't need the pool so that shouldn't make TOO much of a difference. Just having them so near would be a great convenience. Get off the train, walk a few blocks, and WHAM! There it is...and they open at 6AM too which means I can get in there, do an hour on the elliptical runner, do some weight training, and get to work at a very decent time and feeling great. I was talking with another player this week and we have both vowed to use the off season time to get better cardio conditioning.

Personally, I just want to kick some ass when I get on the field...

Anyway, back to Halloween wonderings...

There is the parade tonight but it will be bitterly cold and bitterly crowded. Unless I am standing on someone's balcony or roof there is no way that I am going to drag myself down there.

There is the movies. Bowling for Columbine could be fun to watch as I love Michael Moore's work. Jackass: The Movie would be a waste of my time. If I want to keep in the theme of the holiday, then Red Dragon could get my vote. Maybe White Oleander. I have been dying to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding but I haven't had the time and besides it's been there FOREVER. I don't think it's running away anytime soon. I could go see Real Women Have Curves which looks like it could be one of those tear jerking mother-daughter films. Then there is Igby Goes Down with my beloved Susan Sarandon. This is a movie that I wanted to see and if I do go for the movie thing, this would probably be the one.

Anyway...it's all decisions...and I still don't know if I am going to Boston tomorrow to attend a practice with the Boston Ironsides rugby club. I guess I will know that tonight.

No comments: