Friday, October 25, 2002

I know I pointed out The Best of Craig's List earlier this week, however, this entry completely cracked me up...

I guess this goes under the category of a New York Moment. I should start combing my memories for some of the better New York Moments of my life and sharing with you. For example...

On the downtown 4 train (or perhaps it was the 5...either way it was on the same line) I got on the train and the first thing I am greeted with is a HUGE black man who belts out, "Wu-tang, motherfuckers!" This line he chooses to repeat over and over and we bolt down to Grand Central. I would have left the car to move to another, even more crowded car, had it not been for the fact that I couldn't really move from the position I was sandwiched in.

At 42nd Street, Mr. Wu-Tang moved to a seat where chanted, "I'm a sardine man, you're a sardine woman, you smell like fish, I'm a sardine man." This was chanted from 42nd Street to the Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall stop where he stood up and stomped his way off of the train. Once he left, the entire car exploded into laughter.

I miss those days.

No comments: