Monday, October 07, 2002

Forgive the random stream of consciousness but think of this as one giant brain enema with a lot of random things coming out...

I have a new toy now...Googlefight.com is perhaps the most hysterical thing I have done in quite some time. I know it's so simple and easy and baseless and what have you, but I think that is the charm of it all. In the "Fight of the Month," Hell beat out Paradise 8.94 million to 4.99 million. Oh well...

In other news, yours truly was recruited to join the Gotham Knights RFC, the gay rugby football club in NYC. I am most likely attending a practice tomorrow night so I can see the group and get a feel for the atmosphere. Granted, I am not the most athletic or coordinated of people but apparently they still want me to come out and take a look anyway. They practice (God, I almost said rehearse) twice a week and it would be a great way of getting some exercise and picking up a new sport at the same time. I mean I have played some baseball, softball, and football in my life. Turns out I might actually know one of the guys on the team already. Too bad their season is coming to an end. Otherwise it would have been nice to have been doing it from the beginning.

Steve, aka Mr. New Orleans, is on his way back to the hurricane ravaged Bayou State today. It was good meeting someone that you've only known from your online conversations and learned that they are just as nice in person as they are online. The jury is still out as to whether or not he is going to be moving to the Big Apple but we shall see.

Then there was the depressing news that my beloved Yankees took a tumble to the Angels and will not be advancing in the world series. All I have to ask is what will my life be like in October and November this year? I mean, if the Twins keep winning I'll be happy about it all. I might love my Yankees, but there's something about the Twins that I have always liked going back to 1991 and even before that!

This quiz result is of no shock to any of my friends...although I am not sure if I like being called a sneaky fuck...

the mole



You Should Be On The Mole!


You sneaky fuck! You are the best liar in town,


and you need to go on the Mole ASAP. Even if you don't get to be the Mole,


you will certainly throw a wrentch in things...



What Reality TV Show Should You Be On? Click Here to Find Out!


I also started fiddling around with a new plotline for a play. We'll see where it leads but it's one of those family drama, rip your heart out, stomp on the ground, put it back in, and expect it to start beating again.

I saw Moonlight Mile this weekend. Very good movie. Very life affirming. I just adore Susan Sarandon.

Jude Law's daughter accidentally took ecstacy at a birthday party this weekend. I found it really funny at first because I thought, "Oh God, Jude's doing X." But then I learned they rented a space for the birthday party and it was something that was found on the floor. Does no one vaccuum after a shindig over there?

President Bush is going to talk on TV about why we need to go to war with Iraq and finish what his father started. Personally, I still think this is a "Wag the Dog" on our plummeting economy and he needs to start addressing that as well.

Four countries are now boycotting the Miss World Pageant in Nigeria to protest the death sentence imposed on Amina Lawal. I am not sure if the death sentence was for adultery or having a baby out of wedlock or both, but it does seem rather extreme. I mean, in the US, it can get you a political office.

I really want to go to the sex museum in NYC but it's not something I want to do alone if you know what I mean. It's one thing to go alone and be thought of as a pervert. It's another thing to go with a group of friends and be thought of as a cluster fuck.

Also, I'm really surprised that there has not been a verdict in the Florida transsexual custody case. Based on the evidence I saw on TV and the articles I read, Michael/Margo Kantares has a pretty good case to get at least visitation or join custody of the kids. His wife looked like a total whack job...

Brain fart over...on with your lives...

No comments: