Wednesday, January 28, 2004

"Wait a minute," my friend Mark says to me on the phone last night, "you're going to go to a movie that you don't really want to see (Big Fish if you must know) just so you can spend time with SuitMan?"

"Well, it's not just to spend time with SuitMan. I mean we talked about going to the movies this week and this is the film that he really wants to see. I'm not going to take him to something depressing like Mystic River. If it was solely up to me then I would choose something like Lost in Translation."

"You know what this means, right?" Mark says after a short pause.

"No, but I'm scared you're going to tell me," is my pithy reply.

"You're in love."

Pause as we all digest this tidbit.

"WHAT?" is my pretty loud reply.

"You're in love. You're doing something that you really don't want to do because you know it will make the guy you're dating happy."

"That is not love."

"Dude, that is love whether you want to believe it or not."

No comments: