Saturday, January 24, 2004

Quote of the Day

This man is dancing even when he's standing still. -- Ken Goldstein, tonight...at Siberia....soon followed by, Twist you dancing fool. Twist!

Quick breakdown of last night's festivities...

Do not go to AZ. That place sucks. The people there are rude. The bartender REFUSED to serve our group. Now we're talking a group that would easily average about 70 people on hand during a given hour and given our propensity to drink....well....they got screwed. Siberia, though....better choice. You gotta love a place that has no sign on the door telling you it's a bar and has just a red light over the door to let you know it's there. My thanks to her (my dancing partner) and him for letting me cab over with them to Siberia. Now, if one of them happens to broadcast a picture of me in a disco diva spin....I was so on crack....

First person I saw...Zeebah looking smashing as ever. She was with Pitchaya (who didn't bring cookies) and Mike. I had just come from the gym so my body was a little battered from the hard workout but it was worth it.

Of course when I saw Ms. Solly, I had to go run over and see her since she's my diva bitch. (Honey I would link you but I don't know your new URL). She, amongst many other people took to rubbing my shaven head. Poor Jim seemed to be absolutely giddy about it since he was bringing people over to rub my head at random intervals. Also, he gives pretty good hugs too...he showed up with Jane who really showed that she knew how to shake her groove than when the time came. I was half expecting her to start smacking Jim on the ass at one point...

This woman looked fucking awesome and makes a great disco dancing partner -- especially when you're picking her up to twirl her in the air.

Oh...the official 646Guy "How Gay Can We Get? Music Block" took a while to kick off but when it did we had a five-in-row hitfest of "Last Dance" by Donna Summer, "Respect" by Aretha (no last name needed), "Dancing Queen" from the Mamma Mia! cast recording, "Time Warp" from the revival cast recording of Rocky Horror Picture Show, and finally, the gayest of the gay, "You Can't Stop the Beat" from the cast recording of Hairspray. The best moment came when Liz (aka Zeebah) came up to me to report that her girlfriend Lauren thought that "You Can't Stop the Beat" was the gayest song that had been played so far that evening.

My butt was grabbed and I got to grab the butts of three people (one of them male and straight no less -- but he shall remain anonymous)...one of hte grabbers was a little astonished that my butt was as firm as it was. Squats, I tell ya. Squats.

When he showed up, then the party truly got started. Of course we got on a random tangent of "cock blocking" and provided me with today's quotes....it's just not a night until he shows up.

And of course....this man...well he just knows how to throw one heck of a party....

No comments: