Monday, January 19, 2004

So let's talk about Friday night....

(Let me preface all of this by saying that SuitMan and I have never had sex or seen each other naked)

SuitMan and I had talked about doing dinner and we got together at his place where we were going to watch a movie and order in some dinner. I did the shower and change thing and since he told me to come over in something comfortable (he recommended sweat pants), I took over a pair of rugby shorts with me. I probably shouldn't have been wearing boxers that allowed you to see right up them when I'm laying down or sitting in certain positions. It wasn't a conscious decision to wear that it just happened to be what I had on...we agreed that it would be an early night for both of us since he had to go to work and I had various things to do the following day including waiting for the cable guy to come and install my new cable (swoon....cable)....

We talked for a long time about our lives and background (and his ex). One of the funnier moments came when I said, "Thank God nothing about me resembles your ex." He looked at me with a look that said, "Oh really?" He showed me a picture of his ex...shaved head, goatee, hazel eyes. We also learned that we both have incredibly sensitive nipples. I think I'm cuter though. Anyway...about an hour after being there, we finally ordered dinner (whcih was good since I was STARVING by then) and we popped in the movie, Strictly Ballroom, and curled up together. He had never seen the movie before so there were a few minimal explanations that had to be made. Well he loved the movie and we rewatched the final climactic dance sequence a few times because...well it's just an amazing scene.

After the movie was over we tried to watch some TV but as his cable sound was out for some odd reason and we ran across Didi Cohn in the 1977 classic You Light Up My Life and we had fun creating dialogue to go with the movie. My version treated the scene where she first sings the song as a trip the the gynocolegist's office and then we got that big scene where she croons the song which had me saying things like, "Oh wow, the orchestra all knows my song without ever having rehearsed or seen the sheet music before!" and SuitMan saying things like, "Oh wow, I'm going to cum in my pants right now!" But the really nice part was he actually had a copy of Debbie Boone's version burned onto a CD and we actually slow danced to it in hs apartment which was kinda romantic and kinda sappy all in one moment. I would have danced closer, but it was rather obvious that he was aroused and well...I'm not THAT slutty. Hell, considering it's been nearly a month since I've had sex...I can't even be considered a slut.

Curling back up on the futon, we looked at some pictures of his family and friends (with the occasional shot of the ex thrown in) and spent some good time just talking about things including his impending move back to Colombia which I have vowed to myself I am not going to talk him out of or even attempt to change his mind through any action on my part. It wouldn't be fair or right to him. I would feel horrible if I kept him from moving back to be with his family and it turned out that our relationship wasn't going to work out or anything like that. I would feel like total shit for doing something like that.

But anyway...I digress....

So about 2:30 in the morning ("So much for an early evening," SuitMan said...) he turns to me and says, "So....are you spending the night? Yeah you should, you won't get a cab here for a while." So with that we both made our trips to the bathroom and I let him pick what side of the bed he wanted to sleep on and we curled up in bed together. Now, I remembered he made a comment about how he normally sleeps naked so I made the comment about how he was still dressed in bed (in silk pajamas no less) and he took my hand and alerted me to the fact that he wasn't wearing anything below the waist anymore. So not being one to be the fully clothed one, I joined him and, sure enough, with thirty minutes, we were both buck naked but just sleeping side by side. No sex. Just laying there with my arm draped over him and he was holding my hand. There were a few occasional gropes on both of our parts but for the most part we just curled up and slept.

Morning came and I gently woke up SuitMan as he had to go to a follow up doctor's appointment and I had to get home to wait for the cable guy amidst several other projects I had going on. We sat on the edge of the bed for a while really not saying much before I started getting dressed again then I rejoined him on the bed. I finally left giving him a nice kiss and grabbed a cab home. He called me later that day and we talked very briefly about the previous night where be both agreed that we had fun but he said that we could never do it again. I know he was more or less referring to the groping that went on that night but I believe that he was also referring to establishing any deep emotional connection prior to his departure to Colombia. We're going to be talking about it again tonight I am sure....

So that was my weekend...how was yours?

Amusing moment of the night -- going to the bathroom and seeing his....um....toy resting on the towel rack in the shower. I brought it up with a smirk on my face when I got back to the living room and asked him about it (in a teasing way of course) and he turned about nine shades of red. His only response, "At least you know I keep my toys clean..."

No comments: