Tuesday, May 27, 2003

So let's talk about this weekend shall we....it may be a long discourse but...oh well....you'll deal.....

Friday night I was packing for my trip upstate and I was talking on the phone with a friend when she asked me about Wrestler Guy. I wanted to reach through the phone and bitchslap her.

Here's what I told her: If Wrestler Guy wants to pursue something...then the ball is in his court. I sent him an email and asked him out (as friends mind you) and he didn't respond. The following practice he was, as one friend one say, almost as cold as a Richard Gere/Jodie Foster kiss. He was nice and polite but frostier than he had been in previous weeks. I'm chalking it up to him having a rough go of things with the ex or work or something. Or even me. So...ball is in his court. He can dribble and shoot or pass it off.

Saturday I travelled up to Poughkeepsie to spend the weekend at the home of a fellow rugger and his partner. They have a nice two story manse right next to a small river (or creek depending upon your definition). But the nicest part was right across the street was an actual waterfall, albeit miniature. It was so peaceful and relaxing there just watching the water come down the rocks and flow into the pond at the back of their house. It just made me want to shoot an independent film there.

In total there were about ten of us there during some point in the evening having a curry (can you tell I stayed with some Brits from across the pond?) and playing a roaring parlor game called "The Hat Game" (how inventive of a title...can you tell I stayed with Brits?). Basically the game entailed putting the names of people that pretty much everyone will know in a hat and having to draw them out and describe them without using proper names and get as many as you can in a minute. I actually did pretty well but I think it's because I have a killer attitude when it comes to playing these games, I have watched way too many episodes of the $25,000 Pyramid to do well, and I know a bunch of useless shit. You know you're going to do well when you start off with, "He's an actor who was married to the woman who starred in a 1939 movie where she said, 'As God is my witness I shall never go hungry again!'" and your teammates instantly blurt out Laurence Olivier. In fact, someone told me that I kicked ass in the game and I said it was probably why I would never be a celebrity guest on The $25,000 Pyramid. Their response, "Oh no...you'd be the reason people would tune in..." Great...I'll be Charles Nelson Freakin' Reilly...where's Brett Somers when you need her?

Popular people who came up repeatedly in The Hat Game: any cast member from the movie Chicago (I swear I only put in one!), Tammy Faye Bakker, and Madonna.

Of course, no night in the country with a bunch of gay men can be complete without a viewing of Mommie Dearest. You think I jest...it's out on DVD. So we had a grand time (and mind you I had a bit too much vodka in my system -- quelle surprise) watching Faye Dunaway ham it up as Joan Crawford and Diana Scarwid (who I actually had to look up on IMDB.com to learn what she has done since then -- who knew she was in What Lies Beneath or a whole lot of things for that matter.....) as her daughter Christina. Of course our favorite was the boy Christian in a harness in bed. The fact that he didn't turn into a leather wearing daddy's boy is something that amazes us to this day.

Sleeping arrangements -- well I was asleep (alone thank you and not really asleep for that matter) on an air mattress (not the most comfortable thing in the world), one guy was on a couch downstairs, another on the couch in the living room, another two on another air mattress downstairs, and two more upstairs on the guest bed. With people snoring, some people shaking on their air mattress as if they were masturbating, and some people most likely just having sex (unless my ears were deceiving me)...it was an odd night and I didn't get much sleep at all. I do not sleep well on air mattresses and should have just taken to the floor...

The next day was, for the most part, a big nap. We went to a late lunch (well not really that late) in Rhinebeck (or somewhere close to there) where the hunky firemen (okay not so hunky) were having a fundraiser barbecue. We parked near the local town market where I picked up some kick ass no-sugar added apple butter and strawberry-rhubarb preserves. It was like dying and going to heaven. But after lunch and a quick tour of some local shops where sparklers were purchased (for a Ya-Ya moment) it was back to the house to sleep. It was a much needed nap that culminated in watching Best in Show, the flying of the $1.19 balsa plane, and the lighting of the sparklers. Joseph and I were blessed to have the gold sparklers because there were the best out of the pack. The other colors (red and green) seemed to do a little bit of sparkling but Joseph and I had sparkles-a-go-go.

However, the weekend did not end on a good note. Somewhere between the cab home and my apartment, I lost my wallet. I have no idea where it is and have torn my apartment apart looking for it. It's not a good thing at all....on a happy note though, my bachelor auction date, Cody, will be in town for our event in a few weeks. Not really sure what we're doing but it's going to be fun....

So here I am at work...I don't want to be here. I want my wallet. I want to be back in Poughkeepsie relaxing by that pond....

No comments: