Monday, May 12, 2003

Just a super quick post to start off the day and then we'll get into the more serious stuff later on...

I was at the Survivor: Amazon finale last night at the Ed Sullivan Theater (where Letterman shoots his late night show). I got to meet Jan Gentry (from Survivor: Thailand) and Tina Wesson (the winner of Survivor: The Australian Outback) and a lot of other people. I spent some time with Jan talking about how Survivor changed her life and, in my world, how rugby changed mine.

However, it was meeting Susan Hawk in the hallway of the theater and blowing her a kiss and having her blow one back to me that was the true highlight of the evening. I went right up to her (she was reporting for Extra I believe) and talked to her for a moment and bowed on my knees to her and told her how much I worshipped the ground she walked on. She laughed and gave me a high five. Sigh. I love that woman.

Other highlights....the entire audience laughing when Heidi repeated her question to see if Matt or Jenna should have taken someone else to the final two with them because we all were sure she wanted them to say her...when Dave asked them what world leader they most emulated (or something like that), I said, quite loudly, that Jenna emulated Miss Universe. I was rewarded with laughter from my section of the audience.

Anyway...it was a fun night but I am so tired....

No comments: