Thursday, May 15, 2003

I had a wonderful dinner last night with my Manchester (via Guernsey) gal pal, Ursula, whom I met at the previous Blogger Bash that I threw at Zanzibar with GI Jane. We've been trading emails and finally decided to get together and have dinner since I wouldn't be able to attend the next bash since I will be at the Daytime Emmys that night.

We were at McHales and I went healthy and had a black bean burger which really wasn't that bad. We had a nice long talk about everything from men (I went over the three men in my life -- and I'll get back to that in a second -- and now there happens to a be a fourth that has reared his adorable head) to movies to everything in between. What was even funnier was that we learned we worked next door to each other (and apparently have for quite some time) so now we have lunch plans to add into the mix. Burgers, beer, nachos, it was one of those nights where you could finally let your hair down and just relax and talk about everything under the son with a good friend. Conversation is one of those rare art forms that is never truly appreciated until you realize how much you've missed it when you're actually having one...now that sentence made no sense whatsoever I'm sure so email me if you need clarification.

But here's what was so great about the evening (besides the excellent company) -- it gave me a new lease on my love life. It's great talking with a third party who has no outside interest (other than your own personal wellbeing) to sit and bluntly talk about perspectives and what you really want out of it. It was candid, it was refreshing, it was everything and so much more (especially since we're pretty much going through similar circumstances). Just talking things over helped loosen whatever hold these three men have had on me to where I can fly a bit more and stretch my wings. Yes, I would love to be settled and enjoying a long permanent relationship. But there's also something to be said for laying back and letting the wheat separate itself from chaff. If it's supposed to happen, it will happen.

Oh, and Ursula...I will win the bet. :)

No comments: