Thursday, May 29, 2003

Oh and it's spelling bee time again. Just checked out their website and they completed the third round with the longest word I have ever seen used in a spelling bee -- electroencephalograph.

I did the spelling bee once in seventh grade and finished second in my school. I still remember the word I screwed up on -- staphylococci. The only reason I remember that word is because that same year (imagine this), the winning word in the national spelling bee was, of all things, staphylococci. Damn you, Stephanie Petit!

Anyway....I would put my money on JJ (Joy) Goldstein of Rockville Center, New York, as a top contender. She's a three time finalist and finished third last year or at least that's what her bio says and man, you know how hot and bothered I can get during a spelling bee.

And that so did not come out right.....

No comments: