Friday, May 30, 2003

Okay, so some of you were just a wee bit shocked when I mentioned that I was going to start playing rugby. Well, I think you all need to sit down and hold onto something because this might be a little more surprising -- Lord knows it was to my mother....

Kickboxing.

One of the guys on the rugby team (and for the record NOT Wrestler Guy) teaches at a dojo near City Hall offered to allow people to drop in and take a free class to see if it would work for them. It offers a great cardio workout along with the ability ot vent some frustrations and make some harder hits on the pitch and all that fun stuff. Therefore, I'm going to check it out because 1) I hate running on the treadmill and at least this will be some other form of cardio and 2) it's something new and different and could help me get my spot on The Amazing Race 5 if they ever do one...

And while I'm on the topic of The Amazing Race, the gay couple...well one of them at least and I don't know which one...got on my nerves last night. They were doing their interview and one of them made some comment about being made to feel bad about his sexuality or something to that extent and followed it up with something along the lines of, "And I'll be damned if they're going to make me feel bad about it on this race!" Here I was thinking, "Don't get your jockstrap in a twist so soon, Mary! The race hasn't even started and you're already making an issue of your sexuality!" Sigh...some people....anyway, I read their profiles on CBS.com and something tells me that if you don't submit yourself to a he-man workout regime then they want nothing to so with you...

So back to kickboxing...I'm thinking of taking a class next week to see if agrees with me and then seeing what I can do from there...should be fun and if I don;t wake up the next morning wanting to kill myself or rip off every limb so I'm not so sore then I'll be a happy camper....

No comments: