Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Okay I saw this at Gawker and it reminded me of what has to be one of the gayest moments of my life (and being a gay man I can say that).

I don't remember the exact day but I was watching an episode of Letterman and Rosie O'Donnell (pre-"I'm gonna come out of the closet right as my talk show is going off the air") was the first guest and when she came out, I did this quick double take on her. I swore she was wearing the same dress that she wore when she was a presenter at the Academy Awards the year before. Now I have no idea how that instantly popped into my head but I turned to my friend and actually commented on it which then led to a short discussion on whether or not the dresses they get for these shows are borrowed, rented, bought, sold at slave auctions...the normal stuff. Basically it came down to me saying that it was the dress and my friend Bob saying it wasn't.

Now, I was about to go through my entire video collection to see if I had taped that year's Oscars and if so did I still have that scene on tape. However, I didn't need to go through any tapes as Rosie came out and said that it was in fact the dress she had worn to the Oscars that year. All I could think was, "And you couldn't find anything else to wear on Letterman?" The second thing I thought, "There is no way in hell that ANY other actress (A list, B list, or even D-minus list) would do that..."

No comments: