Wednesday, August 06, 2003

So you should see to the left (unless I have screwed up the HTML), an Amazon.com Honor Pay box. My team will be conducting what we like to call Ruggerthon 2003 on September 6. This year, it's more of a team Olympic style competition (someone has already commented on it being far too close to Battle of the Network Stars so I'm not touching that) with some fun social and team building exercises thrown in.

The premise is like a walkathon or other "marathon" style fundraisers except ours is rugby related and it does last for a full 24 hours. The first part of the day is the Rugger-lympics followed by a Manhattan roadrace finishing up with a bar night where we hope to raise money doing the coat check at a local bar. The proceeds not only go to benefit the team but also go to help out other charities. We have selected our rugby union's charity dedicated to exposing inner city youth to the joys of rugby and a yet-to-be named 9/11 charity. Last year's event raised money for the local rugger union's memorial fund for the twelve rugby players who passed away during the 9/11 attacks as well as the Mark Kendall Bingham Leadership Fund. You can read more about this on the team's website.

My (somewhat overly ambitious) goal is to try to raise $500 for my team and you can help out by clicking the Amazon.com honor pay system. I'm not asking for much but every bit does help! If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll gladly answer them....and of course, I hope you donate...

No comments: