Friday, August 01, 2003

Okay....something weird has to be happening because I have three get-togethers planned for this weekend that fall under the categories of "date", "pre-date," and "I don't know what the fuck you would call this."

Date -- His name is Kik'e and actually it's spelled without the apostrophe/accent mark but he chooses it put it in there otherwise it spells Kike and well...we all know that's not the greatest thing in the world to say out loud. He was insistent about doing something interactive so we would be talking and actually doing something together other than going into a movie theatre and sitting there in the darkness for two hours. We're going to do a scavenger hunt at the Museum of Natural History. Basically you run around the museum solving riddles and collecting information and the winning team gets a prize. I floated it out there since I know he wanted to do something interactive and this is about as interactive as it gets. Besides he'll get to see my bad, evil side when I get really competitive. It should be rather interesting and fun. He and I have talked on the phone a few times and, at least on the phone, he seems like a cool guy although I'm wondering if he's a little shy.

Pre-Date -- His name is Javier and what makes this so funny is that YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS (okay maybe not that long but at least one year) ago I put an ad out on a personals site and got no responses (as far as I remember). So sure enough, here I am checking email and I see this message that says I have a response to my profile. I'm like, "What profile?" Sure enough there's my ugly mug staring back at me from this very dated ad. So I respond to the guy and send him a new pic and he's still on for getting together for coffee which is a total shock to me. His name is Javier and we're probably going to do coffee or something and talk to see if there is any interest in person.

I don't know what the fuck you would call this -- So I get this call on my voicemail at home (I've been checking it maniacally for sometime for reasons I will explain to you one day nice and cozy by the fire) and I have one message. Thinking that it may be the message I have been waiting for (although seriously telling myself it's not and I swear I will tell all of you about it one day soon) but it was from a most unexpected quarter -- Wrestler Guy. I had shot him off an email the day before asking if he would be at practice to take my place in the scrimmage because I was going to be stuck at work and it turns out he is in the same predicament that I am in workwise. In his message, he asked what I had planned for Saturday and suggested if I was available that we could do a drink or a movie (or both) and he brought up the kickboxing thing again since he and I have yet to get together to do it. Anyway, he wants me to call him on Sunday and see what is happening and maybe we can get together after his grappling class that afternoon.

Monday...well Monday brings up something else altogether...but I won't go there...

No comments: