Friday, August 29, 2003

So I went to the doctor today for my final hepatitis vaccine shot and to have the blood drawn to test my diabetes 2 levels to see if I have to go on medication (which I am hoping I'm not going to have to do but you never know). I've done well with my diet but I could definitely be doing better with it. I'm more conscious of what I am eating which makes a big difference and of course all of the exercise I am doing as well helps too...

But of course I am still nervous about all of it. There are no guarantees that anything I have done in the past few months has really made a major dent in my sugar levels but I'm hoping for the best. But here's the worst part...the doctor, after complimenting me for looking skinny (which trust me I know I'm slimmed down but skinny still would not be a word I would use to describe myself) had me hop on the scale to see how much weight I had lost since first going to see him back in February.

The answer -- two pounds.

TWO FREAKIN' POUNDS. Of course, there is the rationale that the weight I have lost has been supplemented by muscle whcih as we all know weighs more than fat.

But still...TWO POUNDS??? I would have been happy with five or six. I said that the scale at my gym had me 10 pound less and they said, "Well that's the scale at your gym." Bastards.

So last night at practice I had to be very diplomatic in an answer that the head coach posed to me. He asked me what my goal for the night was and I was in the middle of stretching and had to resist the urge to say, "Whatever it takes for me to get back on the blue squad." I started out with a pretty lame answer in regards to passing and receiving and was going to expound on other areas but he pretty much hashed out what I started off with and went on to the next person. Oh well. On the plus side, I did show major improvement in terms of my running and stamina -- at least in my opinion. During our killer sprints at the end of the practice, I was hauling butt as fast as I could. I think it comes from experience of knowing what to expect as some of these guys were huffing and puffing big time.

Finally...let's talk about Madonna, Britney Spears, Christina Hag-uilera....I mean Aguilara and their open mouth kiss (which if you look at the pic on MSNBC.com, you can see tongue when Britney and Madonna kiss. So are all of the fundies going to make their kids throw away their Britney CDs because of it. First she admits she's no longer a virgin and then she has a lesbian kiss on national TV. What kind of icon is this? Of course, me not being the big Britney fan that I am finds it all hysterically funny.

Oh well....what can you do...I gave up doing the MTV show because it was more important to be at rugby practice and prove that I can be on the blue side than to do a show that would take up a very long day. Although can someone tell me who the guy who came running out on the stage at the end to talk about B.B. King was...was he drunk, stoned, or who knows what?

No comments: