Monday, August 25, 2003

So let's talk about this weekend shall we...

1) Crash can be hysterical at the movies when he's drunk. We saw Freaky Friday (I totally recommend it) after our Boot Camp drink up and giggled like school girls all the way through it. Jamie Lee Curtis was totally amazing in this movie and at least deserves a Golden Globe nomination for her performance.

2) Boot Camp -- about 30 new guys showed up to extol the virtues of rugby. My only complaint was that we, the veterans, didn't get to participate more like we did earlier this year (of course that was a snow covered field). Ultimately I did get involved and help some with the tackling drills as they were a little spread out in terms of coaches. Afterwards, I served as prosecution for our kangaroo court at the post practice party charging people with heinous crimes such as electronic insensitivity (sending four emails during a blackout), conduct unbecoming of a teacher (misspelling the word "teacher" on his application although it was his friend [or perhaps boyfriend] that did it), copyright infringments (one of our coaches bears an eerie resemblance to Shoney's Big Boy), endangering the lives of London pensioners (one guy had sex with a London Underground conductor who was supposed to be conducting the moving train), and finally for being a scumbag husband and possibly a heterosexual (our Director of Rugby has a very well used Hooters passport). In response to defense counsel's claim that he was just there for the wings, I responded with, "HA! But what about the breasts!"

3) Kik'e and I talked online Saturday night...we're going to get together this weekend and are looking for something fun and possibly creative to do....any suggestions....

4) Finally...the fact that I'm blogging this means that not only am I bothered by it still but I feel the need to get some input on this....this weekend....argh....my roommate's boyfriend kissed me. Now, I know the difference between a friend kiss and a romantic kiss and a kiss that says, "Hey stud let's get it on." This kiss was the latter of the three. Okay let me start from the beginning....

About 1 in the morning, I'm talking online with Kik'e and there's a knock at my bedroom door and it's roomie's boyfriend. Now the relationship with my roommates is that we are friends and we check in on each other every now and then but don't get too involved in each other's lives. If we have problems we know we can go to each other but we don't really get way too involved if you know what I mean. So there's the knock at the door and it's roommate's boyfriend and he sits and talks for a while and I'm going between talking to him and IMing Kik'e until one point roommate's boyfriend inquired as to the symbol on Kik'e IM box. I explained it was a symbol that meant he liked to dive and ultimately, roommate's boyfriend (oh well for the sake of this entry we'll call him Steve)....ultimately Steve was standing by me at my computer desk.

Mind you at this point, I'm totally cool with all of it until Steve starts to massage my back a little and has his face about a foot away from mine and is standing really close to where I am sitting and gradually gets closer and closer. Mind you, I am no moron here, I know what is going on and am trying to figure a way out of it without making a big scene (because after all Steve lives in the apartment too and I'm going to have to deal with him) so I opt to go to the bathroom (because I actually did have to go to the bathroom). As I'm leaving the bathroom he's heading out and we do the macho handshake/chest bump thing and I accidentally hit him on the chin with my shoulder so we wound up hugging.

Then he kissed me. Eyes closed. Soft lips. Kissed me.

Twice.

And I knew that if I wasn't one of those stand up, upright kinda roommates and wanted to take advantage of the situation, I probably could have...

The first time was total shock on my part and I couldn't really react and finally found my voice after the second one where I finally said, "You have a boyfriend." Now, when I told this to one friend on Sunday he said that I should have said something else because I made it sound like something more could have happened between us. Anyway, Steve looked at me and said, "I know. I'm just messing with ya," and went to his bedroom.

The next day he acted as if nothing happened and so did I. Part of me wondered if I should have said something to my roommate about this or just keep it to myself. Well I'm keeping it to myself for now, but I'm going to make damn sure that nothing like that ever happens again. If he tries for it, I will stop it immediately. Part of me is going to say he was drunk, stoned, or both...and part of me is going to say he knew what he was doing the moment he knocked on my door...

No comments: